Photobucket     Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      Photobucket    Photobucket

Saturday, March 30, 2013

Random happenings and thoughts

It's been a rough week. I'm going to warn you, this is a hodge podge of a post. I mean, it's really going to jump around.
That's what i get for not posting for a week!
I promise I have lots of great posts planned.

I've been working the most bizarre hours.  If you know a little about me, you know I work in Residence Life and I live in a residence hall.  Recently people have been going crazy and vandalizing one of the floors, so I've been sitting up there from 12am to 4am.  I'm over the immature behavior effecting the residents who live there and decided I'll just babysit the hall.  I have a great boss that lets me make my work hours more flexible since I'm sitting up thre, but it's still exhausting, and I still have a lot to get done during the day.
This is my excuse for not posting for like a week. Enough about that.

Last weekend I went out for a friend's brithday! It was a blast.

L: Me and the birthday girl, Kasey TR: Me and my friend from work Amanda showing off our party favors.  BR: Me and two of my friends that are more than "work friends" Stephen and Megan

We went to a restaurant in Atlanta and then went dancing after, we got back at 2am and then I had to be up at 6:30am to get ready and head to Valdosta (about a 3.5 hour drive). My younger sister, Nicole was in a play, James and the Giant Peach, and it was her last weekend performing so I got to seeher in it and spend some time with her, and our brother, Alex, my stepmom, Anita.

Me, Nicole, and Alex after the play at dinner

I also got to see my other brother, TJ and have brunch with my dad.  This sounds kind of confusing so let me explain. I'm from one of those his, mine, ours, families.

My parents had me, my brother TJ, and my brother John.
My mom married Rodney, my step dad who has a son, Ted, and then they have two boys together Michael and Daniel.
My dad married Anita, my step mom and had Nicole and Alex.

My brother TJ and his girlfriend just had a baby on Monday.  He is adorable! His name is Hudson and I can't wait to meet him!

I'm sorry this pictures aren't so great. I keep forgetting to bring my camera, which is much better than my phone.  

I am totally caught up on Mad Men and I can't wait for the new season to start next weekend! It looks like Betty Draper won her battle with her weight!


(Fun fact, Jon Hamm won't wear underwear with his outfits and it was big drama on the set, I won't post the picture here, because it's graphic, but you can clearly see "little Jon Hamm" through his pants.  Google it.  You'll see why they demanded the underwear.  God bless Jon Hamm.)

I also started watching Bates Motel, I'm not sure how I feel about it yet.  There are all these scary TV shows now -  Hannibal is coming to NBC and then there is The Following. I'd potentially like to watch those, but I'm afraid I'll freak myself out. I couldn't watch Season 1 of American Horror Story on my own, I was okay with Season 2, though.  I love scary movies and thrilling TV shows, but then every little bump or knock in my apartment totally freaks me out.  I'm convinced that someone is waiting to murder me. 

Last night I watched our students perform The Vagina Monologues.  No matter how many times I see the different monologues performed, it is always so moving.

I'm still in the midst of job searching, and the closer I get to May the more nervous I get.  I know stuff will open in my field and that I just have to keep trying.  I hate uncertainty. Can't I just have a brief glimpse? Please?

I hope everyone has had a great week!

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment