Photobucket     Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket      Photobucket    Photobucket

Monday, April 1, 2013

Easy Buffalo Chicken

My brother and I have been making this spicy buffalo chicken for years.  My mom taught it to him when he was wrestling because hot sauce and seasoning is a great way to give food a lot of flavor without adding a ton of calories. Then, he actually taught it to me. I prefer to make it on the George Foreman grill, but Steve has it in DC right now, however you can totally make it in a non-stick pan.  I'm going to teach you the secret to this delicious spicy chicken.
It's super easy when you have a craving for wings but are trying to watch what you eat.
I mean it's so easy it's ridiculous. A 15 year old boy used to make this.

Things you need:
1. Chicken breast
2. Frank's Red Hot sauce (or any buffalo style sauce you like)
3. Kosher Salt
4. Citrus Grill Seasoning (this is KEY, go buy it - It is good on EVERYTHING I use it on Salmon all the time)


 Step one: 
Spray your non-stick pan (sorry my stove is dirty). Turn your burner to medium/medium high heat

 Step Two: 
Season the chicken breast with the citrus grill and salt to taste. Put the chicken in the pan.
 Step Three: 
Coat the chicken in Frank's and flip it over immediately. You can go easy on the amount if you don't like it super hot.  Cook the chicken until it starts to brown a little then flip it over and coat the other side.  Allow that side to cook until the chicken has browned.  At this point, you'll keep flipping and re-coating the chicken in hot sauce until it is done (reaching 170 degrees F).
 Step Four:
  When the chicken is done, take it out of the pan.  Let it sit for about 2 minutes and then serve with sides like a fruit salad, cut it up and top a salad, or put it on a bun and eat it as sandwich.  Steve's favorite way is on  a bun with cheddar cheese and ranch, of course. I like to put it on top of a salad with light ranch or light blue cheese dressing. (I also sprinkle a little Franks on the salad so I'll use less dressing.

I hope you try this and enjoy it! Let me know if you do and how it turns out!



Pin It!

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Looks delicious!

    Would love to follow one another? Let me know! :)
    http://cbijicollection.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Followin' you on bloglovin' your blog is super cute!

      Delete